Hi there. We're looking for a Conversational Designer. 👋🏼 And who's a better fit to explain the job to you than our current Conversational Designer, Pauline? We'll let her do the talking!
What a Conversational Designer does
Hi, my name is Pauline and I am Oswalds' current Conversational Designer. As I am starting a new master this year to pursue my dream of being a screenplay writer, I am looking for my successor to make Oswald chatbots sound even more human! Are you intrigued by chatbots and do you enjoy writing? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
As a conversational designer, I write conversations and anticipate the users' questions to maximize the chatbot’s accuracy. I then implement these conversations in the Oswald chatbot platform, which is designed to allow anyone to create a chatbot. If I need some more elaborate answers, for example when they depend on the time of day, I use Python to stretch the possibilities of one piece of dialogue.
Apart from this role, I also test and document new features for the platform, collect and/or write marketing content for social media, give workshops and act as the first line of support in our Service Desk.
This role will allow you to learn a multitude of new skills and allow you to develop yourself beyond just a chatbot developer. It really did teach me a lot and challenged me constantly. Does this sound like something you are interested in? Then make sure to apply!
🧰 You will need
- Writing skills:
- Writing conversations for chatbots that sound human
- Explaining technical matters in an understandable way
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Analytical mind:
- Understand and discuss the needs of the customer and translate them into actions
- Understand and present logical flows in a conversation
- Insight to build good scenario’s
- Insight to make user flows
- Some experience with chatbots or a strong interest and willingness to learn
- A bachelors' degree or similar through experience:
- Social studies combined with an affinity for programming
- OR a technical background with an affinity for writing
🌟 Nice to have (but not obligated)
- Fluency in French
- Previous experience with chatbots
- Affinity with programming
- An understanding of the technical limitations of speech recognition and NLU (Natural Language Understanding)
- Being able to collect and write interesting content for social media
- SEO knowledge
🏆 You will get
- An interesting position in a very (VERY) funny team
- The opportunity to shape the position and develop your existing or new skills further
- Easily reachable new & hip offices just outside of Leuven (close to E40)
- A competitive salary with extra benefits (insurances, meal compensation, mobile phone subscription)
- Company car with fuel card
- Laptop (Apple or Dell)